Project Life journaling cards and week cards

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


I needed some journaling cards for Project Life. I found some great paper called Metalo at Staples. I was really looking for some heavier cardstock, but so far this is working just fine. I'm writing on the cards with Sharpie fine tip markers and none of the ink has smeared, so I'm happy. The ink doesn't bleed through the paper either.  I made my own graph paper at this site and printed it onto the paper. Then I let my Cameo do all the work and cut them out for me! yay!

project life journaling card

So far I've only made 3x4 journaling cards. I'll be printing and cutting some 4x6 and 4x4 soon.

I want all of my 4x6 week cards to be somewhat consistent. I'll be using different patterns that I've already cut out (see my first Project Life post). I went straight to my Cameo to make some banners to put on each 4x6 card. I picked two different shapes and put 'week' on there in Lobster Two font (go download it - it's free!) I left room underneath 'week' to write the dates. I love some of the date stamps out there for Project Life, but I needed something flexible for the dates. Although I'm primarily going to be doing my weeks Monday - Sunday, there are some weeks that I may change the days... like when we leave next month for vacation on a Sunday, I'm going to do Sunday - Sunday to keep the whole vacation together. I'm going to use stickers to put the number of the week.

project life week cardproject life week cards

And here's some of the finished projects. I'm just going to pick whichever card I want for each week. 

project life week card

What do you think? How are you making your week cards?

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on
  Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

3 comments :

  1. Good idea on the premade week cards, Oh I got to see what I may have available to do this kind of think makes a lot sense. Good job on your pages so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Like I said on another post, I really want to make this doable. I don't want to spend hours trying to decide which supplies to use each week! I also really like how people print a calendar on each card and then circle the days that the week is covering. Too cute! Like this - http://www.amytangerine.com/2013/02/100-giveaway-from-freckled-fawn.html

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea... I have been using templates created by www.smpljournal.com. For Project Lifer's, you should really check out their template system. Very easy and fast journal system to print on actual physical journal cards. I have able to catch up on a years worth of journaling within a couple of days with their system. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground