This time last year: Project Life SMASH book April 2012

Friday, April 19, 2013


In April, I did a better job of documenting some of the little things that happened. On the first page, I put a picture of my "view" for one weekend. I hurt my back and had to lay down for almost the whole weekend! I had my phone, iPad, and DVR to entertain me! On the second page, I included a receipt and a picture of an ice cream date with my friend Jamie. Mom and I celebrated our birthdays together. I had a breakfast date / catch up session with a friend from undergrad that month too. 


Joe surprised me by suggesting a quick trip to Orlando's Univeral Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure to celebrate my birthday. We got engaged at Universal Islands of Adventure, so it's a special place for us. It was a whirlwind trip - we took an evening flight after I got off work Thursday night and came back Sunday afternoon. So fun! I used a page from a SMASH pad to document when and where the trip took place. I saved a photo retrieval paper and layered it underneath a picture of us in Harry Potter world. Perhaps the best surprise was when Joe insisted on leaving the park early on my birthday. I was annoyed but got over it when I saw where he was taking me - to Tiffany's! I got a beautiful key necklace that I had been wanting for a long time. We ate at Bubba Gump's in CityWalk that evening.


I tried to do something a little different on this page - mostly because I had a lot of pictures to include and not a lot of space. I didn't want to cut any out, and I wanted to include some journaling about the trip to Dollywood. I applied washi tape to the front and back of a piece of scrapbook paper to create a flap. I journaled on the flap and hid the pictures behind it. A border punch on the side of the flap allows pictures to peek through.


I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!


10 comments :

  1. Beautiful work , Emily! Very fun - looks like some exciting times! Haven't smashed yet...but, I think it will come!
    Jasmine
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! Smashing is a lot of fun, hope you try it soon.

      Delete
  2. I bought Smash books when they first came out and was so excited....sad to say I still haven't really used them, I don't know why I feel stumped but loved seeing yours. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun - if you need more inspiration, check out the Smash*aholic group on Facebook.

      Delete
  3. Great Smash book, love how you included all your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was hard to squeeze them all in this month!

      Delete
  4. Cool way to do PL, you really have to be cautious of how many pics to add. Love the trip pages and the flip page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Last year was really my practice year for trying to keep up with my daily activities. I've never been good at keeping a diary or a journal so I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up.

      Delete
  5. You really did an amazing job and made me realizing that I have to do something with my Smash book. Especially love the Universal pages, Orlando is my fave place to go to. I'm actually in Orlando right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle - luck you, being in Orlando now. I love all the parks down there. If you're not already, start grabbing all kinds of 'stuff' from your travels. You could easily devote a smashbook to an orlando trip (or just traveling in general).

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground