Fabric Strip Christmas Tree

Thursday, December 4, 2014


I attended my first "Pinterest party" last month at a sweet little local shop called Redeemables. We made a fabric strip Christmas tree. I would never have made it on my own, but I LOVE how it turned out!


Can we talk about the shop's name first? There's a sign at the checkout counter that defines "redeem" and it's awesome. The store brings new life to old items. They also have some new items, but most have been found and redeemed.


The displays around the store are amazing.




So for our craft, we picked coordinating fabrics, ripped them into strips, and tied them to a leather cord. We hot glued that cord to the burlap back piece and added a topper to the tree. I trimmed up the edges of my tree when I got home. Simple and adorable!



All 3 of our trees turned out different!


I stole this photo from Facebook. There were so many of us there that we had to take 2 pictures!


Have you ever made a Christmas related pin?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

12 comments :

  1. What a cute shop and fun project, Emily! Last year I made felt polar bear ornaments that I'd found on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shop! And I like your tree! It's a great idea for fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute :) I'll be checking out my christmas pins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shop and love their mission :)
    Looks like a wonderful Pinterest Party and your projects turned out FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable projects! Thanks for sharing :) {now to go find some cute fabrics!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!!! I would love to go to something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! I think they do this sort of thing monthly... I hope to go back soon!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground