26 Books - December

Monday, January 4, 2016



1. A book you own but haven't read
2 - a book that was made into a movie
3 - a book you pick solely because of the cover
4 - a book your friend loves
5 - a book published this year
6 - a book by an author you've never read before
7 - a book by an author you love
8 - a book at the bottom of your "to be read" pile
9 - a book with a color in the title
10 - a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
11 - a book you started but never finished
12 - a book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe
13 - a book with a female heroine
14 - a book set in the summer
15 - a book of poems
16 - a book you learned about because of this challenge
17 - a book that will make you smarter
18 - a book with a blue cover
19 - a book you were supposed to read in school. But didn't.
20 - a book "Everyone" has read but you
21 - a book with a great first line
22 - a book with pictures
23 - a book from the library
24 - a book you loved... read it again!
25 - a book that is more than 10 years old
26 - a book based on a true story 

Guess how many books I read in December - ZERO! The busyness of the holidays got me sidetracked. I stopped reading as much on my lunch break. So I didn't end up reading 26 books this year, but the important thing is that I am reading on a regular basis again! Reading brings me a lot of joy, and provides an escape and some much-needed "me time".

In 2016, I'm committed to reading more - I'm shooting for 30 books! I've got a few titles on my "To Read" list and will definitely be getting back into that lunch break reading. That's where I read the most during 2015. I'll be sharing a Book Report every month in 2016. Any books on your "To Read" list for 2016?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

8 comments :

  1. You did great this past year :) I bombed way before December :) but with the colder temperatures I'll be back at it. I have a few I wan
    t to read that are now sitting on my end table by the recliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I've been making reading a priority again since the beginning of the year. I'm excited to be reading again!

      Delete
  2. Great job with your challenge, Emily! Like you, I want to read more this year for all of the same reasons you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you were so close Emily but I know how December becomes such a whirlwind of business. Glad you are enjoying reading, I actually downloaded my first digital book, not that I enjoy reading digital, but I needed this book as it was the first in a series that I received as physical books. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too busy! I definitely like the portability and convenience of my Kindle. Hope you enjoy the digital book!

      Delete
  4. Really impressive. Way to go! December does come with a certain hand of busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tisha! Yes December was so busy! January is better :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground