Fall Book Report

Friday, December 9, 2016


In September and October, I continued reading and working toward my goal of 30 books this year.



I finally got to read Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. It's been on my list for quite a while and it did not disappoint! It's about 2 young people that marry and the book follows their life. You get to hear both sides of the story and I couldn't put it down.

I first heard about The Girls by Emma Cline from a reading list someone posted on the inter webs. It's about a young girl that gets swept away into a cult like group. She spends most of her time with the group, but goes back and forth between them and her mother. Overall, I liked the book but it was somewhat unsettling.

I listened to When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker because it was another free Amazon book. It's about a family with kids and the mom passes away. The husband gets letters from her after her death and can't figure out who they're from. It was pretty good, but I should have read it instead of listening on Audible. Again, I realized I prefer nonfiction audio books vs fiction.

I really liked I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh. A mom and her little boy are walking home when he runs out in front of a car and is killed. It's a hit and a run so the book is all about tracking down the guilty party. I was shocked a couple of times!

Another book that's been on my list for a long time is All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It's set during World War II and follows the stories of a blind French girl and a German boy. Her father works at a museum and is entrusted with carrying a very valuable item (or one of its 3 copies) when they have to leave France. So good!!

Another nonfiction book I listened to on Audible was A Return to Love Workshop: The Basics of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson. Another amazing read from her! It's about letting go and letting miracle happen. Loved it!

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground